2nd day

So, true story. School has been back in session for a grand total of 2 days. We've already got one girl going to ISS for 3 days, and I was sooo close to writing another kid up today for taking something out of my classroom that was supposed to be used for an in-class group project. And it was something that was my own personal material! The demon-child I've been having issues with all year is up to his same old tricks. If he doesn't watch out, he's gonna end up suspended again and possibly on his way to an alternative school placement (not that I would mind, though).

And it's because of these few that I feel really sorry for the good kids. For the most part, they're great. But their learning is hindered by the behavior of a few, and I'm sick of it for their sakes. There are, believe it or not, some 12 year olds that actually seem to enjoy school, and much to my surprise, writing! And those are the kids that give me the strength each day to push ahead irregardless of the crap put up with on a daily basis.

On a happier note, our team's math teacher who's been out on maternity leave is officially back!! I've missed her so much, and now she's back. Hopefully the consistency will help return our kids' sanity to survivable levels. And I now have my normal across-the-hall neighbor to talk to in between classes! And there's now an adorable 2 1/2 month old girl that has joined the sixth grade family down at our end of the hall. I keep saying that whenever I start to get "baby fever," I'll go chill with this adorable little one for a while to get it out of my system. Babies make everyone happy - except when they're crying... a lot!